Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bucket List

Gina and I watched The Bucket List on Sunday night. WOW. I cna not believe a movie can get me thinking so much about my own life. (Spoiler ALERT!!!) To me the most impactful part of the movie was after Carter died and Edward was giving the eulogy. He said they had only know each other for 3 months. 3 months!!!! But they knew each other so much better than people who have been friends for years or even decades. Edward was very insightful (albeit after the fact) about Carters motives. Carter knew he was helping a stranger and he did it well.

This movie coupled with the recent passing of Randy Pausch (I am reading his book right now) have me really thinking about life and death. If I were to die today (not that I am desiring that in any way), but if I did....who would give me eulogy and what would they say. Gina and I have always had a hard time in our adult lives of getting to know people...becoming friends. Do I have an Edward in my life? Can I say that I am leaving a legacy (ie Randy Pausch) to my children? Not sure...but I am going to be looking at that in all that I do.

See the movie...read the book.

No comments: